Higher National Diploma
DESIGNED FOR KNOW-WHAT & KNOW-HOW
A BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) is equivalent to the first and second year of a UK Honours degree, and is ideal if you are looking to progress to, or within, employment, or the final year of a degree.
PROGRESSION AT SBCS
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Course content could include:
- core units covering essential underpinning knowledge and skills
- a wide range of optional units focusing on specialist sector knowledge
- different qualification pathways reflecting specialist areas in some sectors
- locally devised units reflecting the needs of your area.
HOW YOU ARE ASSESSED
HND units are assessed internally. You are graded for each individual unit with a Pass, Merit or Distinction, and you may be assessed in a number of different ways, such as:
- presentations, written reports, accounts, surveys;
- log books, production diaries;
- role play;
- observations of practical tasks or performance;
- articles for journals, press releases;
- production of visual or audio materials, artefacts, products and specimens; or
- peer and self-assessment.
All internal assessment is quality assured through internal veriﬁcation and sampled through external veriﬁcation by Pearson.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMAS AT SBCS
- Creative Media Production
- Computing and Systems Development
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Graphic Design
BTEC qualifications have all earned global recognition from some of the world’s leading universities:
|In the United States of America||In Australia||In the United Kingdom||In Canada|
Colorado State, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and California Institute of Technology.
Macquarie University, University of Wollongong, and Charles Darwin University,
The University of Oxford, London School of Economics and the University of Surrey.
Ryerson University, Brock University and University of Waterloo.