In business, there are always opportunities to boost performance in collaboration with others, be it another company, a trade organisation or a group of like-minded people. This course provides the project management tools and techniques you need to evaluate and manage successful partnerships.
This course is available for purchase through SBCS GLI until January 2022. Examinations are available until August 2023.
- Distance Learning
- Background to alliances and partnerships.
- Alliances and the value chain.
- Strategic focus and strategic drift.
- Alliance and partnership risk.
- Partner selection.
- Forming the alliance.
- Making alliances and partnerships work.
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, accounting, finance, strategic planning and project management.
Students are drawn to the MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
The MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses.
About Heriot-Watt University
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 30 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2021 UK University League table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners(ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the July 2021 semester commences on May 17th, 2021 • The July 2021 semester starts on July 18th, 2021
For further information
- MSc. Strategic Planning (Continuing Students only)
The MSc. in Strategic Planning is the capstone of the core modules in the MBA programme as it draws from the main business disciplines covered in the other six core modules.
This course is designed to assist managers to develop an overall strategic understanding of the organization beyond any one functional area. It looks at the fundamental questions at the heart of strategic planning “What does an organisation want to achieve? How does it go about achieving it?” and helps to formulate suitable answers.
In a world of rapid change, organisations that can identify, design and effectively and efficiently implement these needs are more likely to survive and prosper.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
For further information: