- This course can be completed in 24 contact hours.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various types and sizes of cables used in residential electrical installations and be able to select the appropriate cable for a particular application.
- Perform basic practical competencies in electrical installation including stripping of conductors, bending of conduits, installation of trunking, wiring of plugs and outlets.
- Interpret various wiring schematic diagrams and connect simple lighting and power circuits such as one-way, two –way and intermediate switching circuits, distribution panel with receptacle outlets, photocell controlled lighting circuit.
- Identify and apply various regulations as it applies to electrical installation and use the multi-tester to perform tests on circuits (polarity, continuity, voltage).
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Registration Status|
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
This unit will provide individuals with the technical and practical knowledge required to carry out basic maintenance of common electrical fixtures and devices found within a residential building.
In order to ensure that the learner fully understand the concepts relating to electrical installation, the course content was structured to maximized the contact hours allocated for practical work. Currently 80% of the course involves hands on, practical training.