The focus of this unit is the management of financial resources in a business. It addresses the applied techniques that managers need in order to take financial decisions in a business. It also addresses the critical and theoretical knowledge and skills that managers need to take financial management responsibilities.
- This course is offered in 55 hours
This unit aims to give learners a sound understanding of:
- Assessing the objectives of financial management and the role of different stakeholders in the financial strategy of a business
- Evaluating organisational activities, processes and performance, using projected financial statements and measures of business performance
- Evaluating financial risk using suitable techniques in order to apply approaches that reduce exposure to financial risks
- Evaluating options for the financing of business activities, including the characteristics of different sources of finance and how best to meet the financing needs of the business
- Evaluating investment opportunities in order to ensure that investment decisions reflect the needs
of the business and its financial management strategy
TIMETABLE: JULY – DECEMBER 2019
Classes commence: Monday, 1st July 2019
|ABE Level 5||Effective Financial Management (examination)||SAT||1:30 pm – 4:00 pm||TR|
|ABE Level 5||Effective Financial Management (examination)||FRI||6:00 pm – 8:30 pm||ONLINE|
- ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
The Association of Business Executives (ABE) offers professional qualifications which are recognised as accepted routes onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications, including the BA (Hons) Business Management and BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland.
This programme is taught using a blended approach of practical industry-relevant experiences and academics.
Students will be required to complete the four (4) core units -
- Managing Agile Organisations and People
- Innovation and Business Performance
- Effective Financial Management
- International Business Economics and Markets
and choose two (2) optional units from -
Registration is currently OPEN. Semester starts July 1st 2019.