This unit will develop learners understanding of fundamental Electrical and Electronic Principles through analysis of simple direct current (DC) circuits. Learners are then taken through the various properties and parameters associated with capacitance and inductance, before finally considering the application of single-phase alternating current (AC) theory. The unit will encourage an investigative approach through practical construction, measurement and testing of circuits and, where applicable, the use of computer-based circuit analysis and simulation
- 48 hours
On completing this course successfully learners will be able to:
1. Use circuit theory to determine voltage, current and resistance in direct current (DC) circuits
2. Understand the concepts of capacitance and determine capacitance values in DC circuits
3. Understand the principles and properties of magnetism
4. Use single-phase alternating current (AC) theory.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma: Engineering
The Matriculation to Higher National Diploma (Engineering), allows learners to pursue the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in either BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC).
Graduates from the BTEC HND EEE programme can progress to the final year in the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme. Graduates from the BTEC HND Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC) can progress to the BSc.(Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).