- Explore, evaluate and build on the existing theory and practice associated with chemical hazards found in the workplace;
- Introduce and develop an appreciation and understanding of risk that the different types of chemical hazards can present to workers and other people affected by them;
- Develop a framework for rational decision making in managing chemical hazards in the workplace;
- Develop skills and decision-making when presented with chemical hazards in the workplace.
- This course is offered in 0 hours
On successful completion of this module, the student would be able to:
- understand ergonomics definitions and principles;
- appreciate some applications of ergonomics to problems which may occur in the workplace;
- understand the roles of the various disciplines which contribute to ergonomics;
- appreciate the extent of human variation and why ergonomics methodology has to be able to overcome the problems arising from such variation;
- understand the nature of the interfaces which can exist between an individual, the work tasks, work environment and the organisation.
This course comprises fifteen (15) units:
1. Introduction to Ergonomics
2. Ergonomic Methods and Techniques
3. Information Processing
4. Workplace Equipment and Products
5. Human Machine Interface, Reliability and Error
6. Work Organisation
7. Work Physiology
8. Assessment of Health Risks
9. Environmental Ergonomics and Personal Protection
10. Musculoskeletal Disorders and Injury
11. Job Satisfaction and Organisation Commitment
12. Control and Work
13. Designing Shift Systems
14. Working Time and Safety
15. Shift work Interventions
This course comprises two (2) assignments
- MSc. Safety, Health, Environment or Occupational Hygiene
This Safety, Health & Environment / Occupational Hygiene postgraduate programme awarded by the University of Greenwich, is currently the only post-graduate programme offered locally that is accredited by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), UK. It covers various aspects of occupational safety, health and environment and graduates are eligible to apply for graduate membership with IOSH.
REGISTER BEFORE AUGUST 30, 2023 to get 10% off the first semester's tuition.
NEXT INTAKE: September 2023.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 11, 2023
CLASSES BEGIN: September 16, 2023
For more information on fees and payment plans DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF
At SBCS we focus on:
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance:
- 2 years in duration; 8 modules and 1 Dissertation
- Delivered online.
- IOSH Accredited - graduates can apply for graduate membership with IOSH
- Assessment criteria - coursework only, 1 Final Dissertation
- Global Recognition and Portability
- Expert Lecturers