While working in a team is an important skill in construction projects, collaboration goes beyond just teamwork. The success of a project relies not only on the ability of each person in a team to do their work, but on each individual’s awareness of how their work relates to the work of others, how to ensure that information is shared effectively and that roles and responsibilities are clear.
Through this collaborative project-based unit, students will explore how to define roles within a collaborative team, recognising the skills (and ‘skills gaps’) of each member of the group. Together students will work to develop a construction project; based on their research and analysis, in response to the Pearson-set ‘theme’. Content in this unit will typically include role identification and allocation, collaborative structures, human resources management, project management,
procurement, tender documentation, information/data sharing, meetings, health &safety, project costing and Building Information Modelling.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC)
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)) programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.
This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Matriculation to HND (Engineering) programme and are interested in pursuing the University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) and BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up) degrees which are also offered at SBCS.
Why choose the HND in Construction and the Built Environment?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of the University of Greenwich's B.Sc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) degree or the University of Greenwich's B.Sc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up) degree.
- Career focused: Persons interested in Facilities Management can start with this HND. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Construction Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
New semester begins September, 2018. Registration opens July 2018.
- Alumni Special: Alumni and immediate family get 30% off registration fees for the first year of study i.e. three (3) semesters.
- Group Plans: Get 25% off the registration fee for the first semester for (2) persons. Rate increase by 5% for each additional person.
FEE AMOUNT NOTE SBCS Registration Fee
First semester: TT$1,000
Remaining semesters: TT($850 each)
Payable upon registration every semester (6 semesters) Tuition Fee
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
Total Tuition Fees over 2 years= TT$35,200.00 BTEC Registration Fee
£450 (one-time payment)
Payable by: March 1st 2018 BTEC Annual Fee £20 (per year) Payable each year from Year 2
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Persons who have completed this HND can progress to one of the following: