- This course can be completed in 30 contact hours,
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Install panels on various roof layouts using different racking methods
- Install and maintain batteries, inverters, charge controllers and enclosures.
- Prepare photovoltaic system drawings for electrical inspection and approval.
- Install Hybrid systems.
- Install Grid-Tie systems.
- Install grounding and lightning protection.
- Commission and Hand over.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Registration Status|
- Implementing Photovoltaic Systems for Solar Power Generation (Level 1)
The use of the Sun as an alternative means to provide electrical energy has always been around us. Solar Power generation has emerged as one of the most rapidly growing renewable sources of electricity. It has several advantages over other forms of electricity generation. Over the last decade the technology has developed to the point that it is now in practice and many countries have developed it and are now using solar power to provide power to the public.
This course will enable someone with the knowledge and skill to install a solar power system to provide electrical energy to a remote location or equipment or set up a system to provide an alternative energy source for homes or other buildings and what is needed to maintain them as it is expected that this area in renewable energy would grow.
The aim of this course is to present the technical subject of solar power generation for residential use in a language as non-technical as possible through a combination of hands-on labs and lectures.
Upon completion students should understand:
- Electrical energy measurement units
- Solar Panel Operation
- Converting DC to AC
- Characteristics of Photovoltaic Cells
- Installation of a Solar Power System
- Persons wishing to enter into the field of renewable energy
- Persons wishing to learn how Solar Power systems work
- Persons wishing to install and maintain Solar Power Systems
- Implementing Photovoltaic Systems for Solar Power Generation (Level 2)
This unit will provide individuals with a basic photovoltaic background, with the technical and practical knowledge required to design and install complex photovoltaic systems to meet real world applications.