This course covers the theory, techniques and management of physical supply and distribution. Emphasis is placed on organization, rate structure, equipment management, scheduling, control operations, inventory management, and other macro and micro logistics. Participants will review government regulations, industry trends and relations, technological development and corporate strategy.
On successful completion of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Relate to the concepts of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Understand the principles of Procurement and Outsourcing
- Apply the principles of Inventory Management
- Use the principles of Warehousing to improve their Warehousing Operations
- Relate to Marketing and Physical Distribution concepts
- Apply Packaging and Materials handling Principles to Logistics Operations
- Recognize the requirements for Transportation and International Logistics
|Trincity||8-Aug-17||12-Sep-17||Tue||5:30pm – 8:30pm||$1,850.00|
|San Fernando||14-Sep-17||26-Oct-17||Thu||5:30pm – 8:30pm||$1,850.00|
|Champs Fleurs||2-Oct-17||7-Nov-17||Mon||5:30pm – 8:30pm||$1,850.00|
|Trincity||24-Oct-17||28-Nov-17||Tue||5:30pm – 8:30pm||$1,850.00|
- Logistics Management
This module enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of logistics and its role in supply chain management. Participants will develop the ability to evaluate any logistics operations to which they are exposed and determine if it is working effectively. They will also be able to assess their own roles as operatives in the logistics process with the aim of improving their own performance.
This module provides learners with the opportunity to develop an understanding of the logistics process and the various activities that form part of the process.
Inventory Managers, Warehouse Managers, Inventory Supervisors, Warehouse Supervisors, Customs Personnel, Expeditors, Logistics Personnel, Materials Personnel, Distribution Managers and Supervisors