- This course is offered in 70 hours
- Strategic planning and control
- Economic, fiscal, market and environmental factors
- Performance measurement systems and design
- Strategic performance measurement
- Performance evaluation and corporate failure
- Current developments and emerging issues in management accounting and performance
- The Advanced Performance Management syllabus further develops key aspects introduced in Paper F5, Performance Management, at the skills level and draws on aspects of the material covered from a more strategic and operational planning perspective in Paper P3, Business Analysis. The syllabus introduces candidates to the strategic role of management accounting as a discipline for planning and controlling performance so that strategic objectives can be set, monitored and controlled. It also covers the impact of external factors on strategic management issues, such as macro economic, fiscal, market and environmental impacts on performance.From appreciating the strategic context of performance management and the impact of wider factors, the syllabus examines, at an operational level, the issues relating to performance measurement systems and their design. The syllabus then moves from performance management systems and their design to the scope and application of high-level performance measurement techniques in a variety of contexts, including not-for-profit organisations and multinational businesses. Having covered the strategic aspects of performance management and operational systems for the measurement and control of performance in a variety of contexts, candidates are then expected to synthesise this knowledge in the role of an advisor to senior management or independent clients on how to assess and control the performance of an entity, including the recognition of whether a business is facing difficulties or possibly failure. Finally, the syllabus deals with current developments in performance management and with emerging issues as they might affect or influence the management of performance within organisations.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) offers a professional qualification, which has been recognised and respected across the world for over 100 years. ACCA is currently the largest British accountancy body with over 180,000 members and 480,000 students in 181 countries.
January - June 2018 Semester Schedules for ACCA:
Collect more Certifications along your journey towards ACCA Membership!
Gain a Diploma in Accounting and Business when you pass the first three exams of the ACCA Qualification (F1, F2 and F3), and the Foundations in Professionalism (FIP) ethics module.
An Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business can also be achieved by successfully completing all exams in the Fundamental level (F1 – F9) of the ACCA programme and the Ethics and Professional Skills module.
Get a BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting at the same time as becoming a qualified accountant through ACCA’s partnership with Oxford Brookes University (OBU). This is the perfect way to gain an extra qualification without doubling your workload. Having this degree with an ACCA qualification is a powerful combination of qualifications, which puts you in demand with employers, and increases your career prospects.
To achieve this, you need to:
- Pass your ACCA Qualification exams
- Pass the Ethics and Professional Skills Module
- Submit a research and analysis project.
Expand your potential; go beyond ACCA!
ACCA graduates can seamlessly progress to one of our Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA or MSc programmes, which we have been offering for over 24 years
ACCA graduates can gain a fast-track entry through free-of-charge credit transfer and exemption when they matriculate for the MSc in Financial Management or the MBA programme offered by Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University.
Entitlement to credit transfer or exemption will be assessed on an individual basis. A maximum of four exemptions from the nine-module programme may be available.
Don't just take our word for it; read what our graduates have to say about pursuing ACCA at SBCS!