The Principles of Digital Photography is designed for persons with basic camera ability who wishes to enhance their skills. The course introduces participants to the fundamental components of photography, then challenges, reinforces, and deepens technical understanding. Exciting practical exercises coupled with engaging theory allows participants to learn and develop their ability to take better pictures.
- This course is offered in 36 contact hours
On the completion of this programme, participants should:-
- Be able to identify essential mechanisms for capturing an image (describe the exposure process).
- Be able to manipulate aperture setting and describe related phenomenon.
- Be able to manipulate shutter speed and describe related phenomenon.
- Be able to predict with general accuracy the outcome of a photograph based on available light and camera settings.
- Be able to execute photographic assignments independently.
- Develop critiquing skills and sensibilities about design elements in photographs.
- Be able to apply basic design principles to photographic work.
- Be able to set-up and use different lighting equipment.
- Be able to describe the difference between continuous and strobe photography light.
- Be able to control studio lighting to produce different photography results.
- Develop recommended professional etiquette and practices.
- Develop a framework for contracts and charging clients.
- Be able to perform basic digital manipulation on photographs.
- Be able to describe the use of meta-data.
- Be able to embed information in digital photographs.
- Fundamental principles in photography 1
(Learning Objective 1, 2) introduction focused on aperture manipulation.
- Fundamental principles in photography 2
(Learning Objective 1, 3, 4, 5) focused on shutter speed manipulation.
- Desktop studio
(Learning Objective 5, 6, 7, 8, 10) working with continuous lighting, light modifiers and multiple subjects.
- Studio Photography
(Learning Objective 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) working with strobe lighting, light modifiers and subjects.
- Field trip
(Learning Objective 4, 5, 6, 7, 11) public space photographic exercise at a location agreed upon by students.
- Low light photography
(Learning Objective 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10, 11) working with light emitting devices (practicals) to create images in environments with low ambient light.
- Contracts and commercial photography
(Learning Objective 8, 9, 10 11, 12) exploring frameworks for contracts and charging clients.
- Basic photo-manipulation 1
(Learning Objective 13, 14, 15) embedding meta-data and basic digital photo editing.
- Basic photo-manipulation 2
(Learning Objective 13) basic digital photo-manipulation and conclusion of course.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Mode||Cost|
1:00pm – 4:00pm / 5:00pm – 8:00pm
|Port-of-Spain||16-Sep-2017||17-Dec-2016||Sat/Thu||1:00pm – 4:00pm / 5:00pm – 8:00pm||SAT/PT||$2950.00|
- Digital Photography
Digital Photography is a form of photography that uses cameras containing arrays of electronic photodetectors to capture images focused by a lens, as opposed to an exposure on photographic film.
Our programme, Principles of Digital Photography, is designed for persons with basic camera ability who wish to enhance their skills.
See the tabs below for more details.