This course is a study of the application of psychological principles and procedures in business and industry settings. Consideration is given to topics such as selection, placement, employee motivation, morale, and leadership.
This course equips participants with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply principles from the field of psychology to increase individual and collective well-being and improve behaviour and performance within the organization.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the goals of psychology and their application to the workplace
- Explain how understanding personalities can be of value to individuals and employers
- Understand and use emotions in constructive ways
- Understand the role of leaders and manage group processes
- Discuss learning theory and apply strategies to changing workplace behaviour
- List factors that contribute to successful coaching and counselling of employees
- Discuss common personal, interpersonal and societal issues that impact employee performance
|Trincity||4-Sep-17||30-Oct-17||Mon||5:30pm – 8:30pm||$2,450.00|
- Psychology & Emotional Intelligence
This unit enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of psychology and their application in the workplace. The fundamentals of personality, behavioural, organizational and counselling psychology are covered, along with current developments in the area of emotional intelligence. This unit equips you with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply principles from the field of psychology to increase individual and collective well-being and improve behaviour and performance within the organization.
This course is designed for the following target audience:
- Professionals in all fields who wish to enhance the performance of individuals and teams
- Supervisors, managers, team leaders who want to bring out the best in people or staff
- Persons who want to apply the principles of psychology for professional and personal enhancement