This unit offers students the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding to ensure that an organisation has the skills it requires, at the time it requires them, to meet its strategic intent. Sustainable organisation performance and growth requires a constant reassessment of skills, requirements which will then inform the training and development of existing employees. However, there will always be the need to recruit new staff to support organisational growth or to replace those who leave. This unit focuses on the latter, and students will engage in learning that provides fundamental knowledge relating to recruitment, selection, succession planning and talent management.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Analyse labour market trends and appropriate legal requirements which influence workforce planning.
- Determine current and anticipated skills requirements in varying contexts.
- Apply the appropriate documents and processes which contribute to effective recruitment and selection.
- Evaluate how to manage the human resource life-cycle within the context of an HR strategy.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business or Human Resource Management via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business. Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA Honours degree in Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA Honours degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
- BA Honours degree in Business Management (Marketing) from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to: