This unit is for learners considering a career in shipping and logistics, and who wish to gain an understanding of mercantile and shipping practice. Learners will study various aspects of import and export procedures and will develop their understanding of how goods are shipped by maritime means across the globe. Learners will compare the work of shipping organisations, agents and shippers, and understand how all the relevant parties work together to ensure a smooth and efficient shipping process.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Analyse the principles and processes related to importing and exporting
2. Analyse the main procedures for importing and exporting goods
3. Apply the principles related to the finance of international trade in context
4. Analyse the roles and responsibilities of the parties and operators involved in mercantile practice
5. Evaluate the roles of organisations overseeing shipping practice and vessel management
Assessment method: Examination
- ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Shipping and Logistics
The shipping industry is a necessary component of international trade which plays a critical role in establishing global ties between corporate entities. Businesses today rely upon skilled individuals to efficiently distribute their products in order to compete and meet customer demands.
The ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Shipping and Logistics courses are designed to enable current and prospective professionals in the Shipping Industry to make an immediate contribution in today's dynamic work environment.
Courses included in Level 4:
- Unit 1 - Mercantile and Shipping Practice
- Unit 2 - Principles of International Maritime Logistics
- Unit 3 - Principles of Shipping and Insurance Management
- Unit 4 - The Movement of Dangerous Goods
- Unit 5 - Overseas Trade Law
Schedule & Fees
The next intake is in February 2020. Registration is OPEN.
Fees for this programme are as follows:
FEE AMOUNT NOTE
SBCS Administration Fee
Payable upon registration
Cash price payable at the start of the programme OR
Credit price applies to the payment plan
ABMA Exam Fee
Payment Plans are available.
Why study at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware/software you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.