This unit is for those considering a career in shipping and logistics and who wish to gain an understanding of the different elements of shipping and insurance management. Learners will be taught the various types of shipping operations, including container trades, dry and liquid bulks as well as how these markets work and operate. Additionally, learners will also study different aspects of the shipping industry including the different types of charter agreements as well as how goods and vessels are insured.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Analyse the fundamental elements of the business of shipping
2. Analyse the principles of dry and liquid bulk shipping
3. Apply the principles of vessel chartering in the context of international shipping
4. Evaluate the importance of marine insurance
5. Analyse the importance of salvage as part of the process of vessel management and operations
Assessment method: Examination
- ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Shipping and Logistics
The shipping industry is a necessary component of international trade which plays a critical role in establishing global ties between corporate entities. Businesses today rely upon skilled individuals to efficiently distribute their products in order to compete and meet customer demands.
The ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Shipping and Logistics courses are designed to enable current and prospective professionals in the Shipping Industry to make an immediate contribution in today's dynamic work environment.
Courses included in Level 4:
- Unit 1 - Mercantile and Shipping Practice
- Unit 2 - Principles of International Maritime Logistics
- Unit 3 - Principles of Shipping and Insurance Management
- Unit 4 - The Movement of Dangerous Goods
- Unit 5 - Overseas Trade Law
Schedule & Fees
The next intake is in February 2020. Registration is OPEN.
Fees for this programme are as follows:
FEE AMOUNT NOTE
SBCS Administration Fee
Payable upon registration
Cash price payable at the start of the programme OR
Credit price applies to the payment plan
ABMA Exam Fee
Payment Plans are available.
Why study at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware/software you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.