The ABMA qualifications in Public Health Management (PHM) are specifically designed to empower individuals to respond effectively and professionally to issues that would otherwise impact hugely on communities and regions without their involvement.
The need for specially trained individuals with the capacity to encourage more healthy practices and protect against the constant threats to public health, from increasingly difficult and complex issues, has never been greater.
The duration of the Level 4 Diploma is one (1) year.
Key Points to Note:
- Entry qualifications: 2 CAPE / A-level subjects OR relevant work experience. See the Entry Requirements tab below for details.
- This programme is fully online with live sessions which are recorded and available for review.
- Students have free access to ABMA's online library.
- The ABMA Diplomas are standalone or a stepping stone to our BSc (Hons) OSHE top-up, then to our MSc SHE/OH or our MBA via the Public Health stream.
Courses included in Level 4:
- Introduction to Science for Public Health
- Social Science
- Principles of Public Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology and Statistics
- Determinants of Health
Schedule & Fees
The next intake is in September 2020. Semester commences the week of Monday September 14th. Registration is OPEN.
Fees for this programme are as follows:
SBCS Administration Fee
Payable upon registration
Payable upon registration
Payment plan available
ABMA Exam Fee
£105 payable by December 12th
£70 payable by March 31st
Why study at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware/software you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
ABMA Level 5 Diploma in Public Health Management
- Champs Fleurs
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- Relevant work experience: Evidence of professional work experience can be submitted for a minimum of one year within a job sector that is related to the Public Health field. Examples of evidence that will be accepted include:
– Employer references detailing the learner’s duties and responsibilities
– Certificates of training/courses
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with copies of each
- A detailed Resume and/or Job Letter (where applicable).
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory, you are then required to complete the SBCS Registration Form.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$10,000.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once Centre for Information Technology and Engineering verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering, email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5/7
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
The main aims of the ABMA qualifications in Public Health Management (PHM) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in Public Health by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the Public Health sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and specially trained individuals with the capacity to encourage more healthy practices and protect against the constant threats to public health.