The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Design is designed for individuals who already hold a Higher National Diploma or foundation degree in Graphic Design or another relevant discipline.
It is also for individuals extensive practical experience who wish to progress their training toward a full honours degree. It aims to further one's development into becoming a competent creative professional.
Course content mirrors the Sunderland-based equivalent Graphic Design course and takes you another step towards becoming a sought-after graphic designer who combines technical expertise with imaginative flair. The graphic design industry offers high rewards for talented people.
Through a range of stimulating modules and projects, you will develop a rigorous approach to different fields of design, including corporate identity, web design, packaging, and environmental graphics. At the same time we will help you develop your ability to work in creative teams within a studio environment.
- 18 months (part-time basis)
Entry requirements for this programme entail either:
- (a) Foundation Degree, Associate Degree, Higher National Diploma, UTT Diploma (or other relevant certification) OR (b) evidence of extensive practical experience via CV with client / employer recommendation letters included;
- All applicants are required to submit a portfolio of relevant Graphic Design work to assess the suitability for the programme;
- In the absence of point 1 (a), an extensive portfolio of work (best accompanied by evidence of relevant industry experience) would suffice.
All final entry decisions are made by the University of Sunderland.
Portfolio Requirements All applicants are required to submit a digital portfolio of recent work via CD/DVD. Suitable items for review will include:
- Drawing: examples of observed drawing and exploratory drawing
- Projects: evidence of project work together with your sketchbooks and development work
- Self-initiated work: that you have done out of personal interest
- Research: examples of various forms of investigation undertaken for projects
- Writing: examples of reports, essays or journals
- Applications are submitted by SBCS to University of Sunderland (UoS) where each is individually assessed. Official confirmation and acceptance must be received from UoS before applicants begin the programme.
- Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of TT$500.00
- A completed application form, copies of relevant transcripts/certificates and portfolio on CD/DVD must be submitted for processing. Original certificates or transcript are required for verification along with copies of the same that are to be submitted. In lieu of the transcript, an official completion letter of a relevant programme can be submitted.
- Email correspondence will be sent to confirm applications to the programme. Once confirmed, UoS will issue a registration form via SBCS, which must be completed.
- After this, applicants may then enrol and pay the requisite tuition and foreign fees.
- Payments will be accepted via Linx, Credit Cards or Cheques (this must be in TT currency payable to SBCS Ltd.)
Students on the programme will be assessed through a series of project-based assignments, research papers and a dissertation.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
This programme is currently not GATE funded, though a flexible payment plan is available to all applicants.