Considering a career in Media and or Communications? After completing the Pearson BTEC (HND) in Creative Media Production, this top-up programme will give you the skills you need to let your voice be heard. Media professionals at home and abroad are vital in the distribution of relevant, accurate, researched and well package information; which keep the public informed, and even entertained based on content. This programme, delivered by our industry professional lecturers at SBCS, and awarded by the University of Greenwich, gives you the competitive advantage you need to leave your mark on the media landscape.
Why choose the BA (Hons) in Media and Communications?
- thirteen (13) months
Successful completion of:
- Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production OR
- COSTAATT Associate’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or English Literature AND the Higher Education Bridging Programme OR
- Other qualifications in a related field may be accepted on an individual basis. They should equate to 240 credits at UK undergraduate degree level.
To register for this programme, visit SBCS’ Port of Spain Campus for your entry qualifications to be verified.
You will be asked to produce either your original certificate, your completed student transcript or a completion letter, along with four (4) copies.
NB: An original transcript from the relevant examination body must be provided for validation and online registration with the University of Greenwich.
Your transcript should be sealed, addressed and forwarded to:
Manager, Academic Administration (CMS)
School of Business and Computer Science Ltd,
46-50 Picton Street,
Port of Spain,
Trinidad, West Indies.
If your entry qualifications meet the set requirements of SBCS and the University of Greenwich, you are then required to complete the following forms:
- University of Greenwich Application Form (for application with the University)
- At this point the Application fee will be due.
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS)
- GATE Application and Clearance Forms (for tuition funding – nationals only) *
- University of Greenwich Registration From (online – for registration with the University)
The Administration fee along with the Foreign fee will be due one week before the start of each semester.
The BA (Hons) Media and Communications programme is offered exclusively at Trincity Campus on a part-time basis.
There are two intakes per academic year – May and September.
- May intake:
Application period: October – April/May
Programme commences: May
- September intake:
Application period: May – August/September
Programme commences: September
Download the September 2016 prospectus for additional intake information.
Duration Of Programme
The programme is divided into two (2) semesters and can be completed in thirteen (13) months.