The BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Technology) programme prepares students for careers as engineers in the dynamic environment that is modern engineering. The engineer plays a significant role in the engineering industry, from development and testing through to manufacturing. The programme is designed to provide students with a broad range of skills for using equipment and techniques, and to acquaint them with how practical and analytical techniques can be applied to real life situations.
- This qualification can be earned in two (2) years.
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme may do so either from the second year or final year based on their entry qualifications.
- In order to register for the Second year, you must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
– Advanced Technician Diploma in Applied Electrical and Electronic Engineering from City and Guilds of London Institute
– Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the National Examination Council (NEC)
– Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering from University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT)
- In order to register for the Third or Final year, you must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
– Higher National Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
– Associate Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution
In order to register:
- Proceed to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done.
- Provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting the following:
- Original certificates, your completed student transcripts or a completion letter along with (3) copies
- A detailed Resume and/or Job Description
- If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following form: University of Greenwich Application Form (for registration with the University)
- Proceed to Customer Services Department to complete the SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS), and to pay fees as specified in the “Fee Information” section stated in the Fact Sheet provided. Please ensure that you collect your receipt upon payment.
- After payment proceed to CITE and present your receipt for recording by the relevant Course Administrator.
- Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to Electrical and Electronic Engineering problems
- To develop graduates that can have necessary skills and attributes to work as engineers
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering applications in the wider economic and social context
- This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- Graduates of this programme can apply for Associate Membership from the Association of Professional Engineers of Trinidad and Tobago (APETT)