This degree prepares you to develop systems that can grow to meet new and changing needs in modern business environments.
- This degree is internationally recognized, giving you an advantage in the job market, wherever your career takes you.
- You can rely on the quality of the content of this degree.
- You will gain specialist expertise in the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Our courses are designed to help you develop the analytical, organizational and creative skills sought by employers in the fast-evolving sector.
- You will receive comprehensive subject guides approved by Goldsmith's academics, as well as access to a wealth of online resources.
- This programme provides an excellent preparation for a career as a computing or information systems professional.
In order to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems, students will pursue:-
- 8 core full modules
- 6 electives (half modules)
- Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers
- Champs Fleurs
- 4 GCE ‘O’ level subjects (Grade A,B or C) including Mathematics and English and 2 A’ level subjects. OR
- 4 CXC ‘O’ Level subjects (Grade 1, 2 or 3, grade 3’s accepted once obtained from June 1998) including Mathematics and English and 2 CAPE subjects.
- Applicants must be at least seventeen years of age by September 1st in the year of registration.
Classes available for continuing students only.
Students are required to register with SBCS and the University of London.
In order to complete the University of London online application, all students must have their academic certificates verified at the Champs Fleurs or San Fernando campus.
The following must be submitted:-
- Originals and copies of academic certificates (‘O’/’A ‘levels/CAPE).
- Original birth certificate and National ID or Passport.
Verification of certificates can be done by your Local Ministry of Education.
UoL Online Application process:
- Complete the online Application Form.
- Upload scanned verified copies of academic certificates.
- Upload scanned Birth Certificate and National ID.
- Examination results for CXC, CAPE and/or GCE received within the current registration year do not need to be verified. The original result slips can be uploaded.
- Students who have misplaced or lost their original CXC Certificates and have the Statement of Results issued by the Ministry of Education, can also upload the original document.
- Submit the application fee. Payments can be made via credit card (if paying online) or bank draft.
The Application fee represents the cost of processing applications at the University of London and it is non-refundable.
Each Application will be considered on an individual basis and the decision taken at the discretion of the University.
Aims and Objectives
Studying Computing and information systems with the University of London will give you the fundamental skills needed to become a computing or information systems professional.
This programme is designed to equip you with a wide range of knowledge and skills to increase your career prospects; for example:
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Application Programmer
- IT Consultant