Getting a foot in the door in the field of media can be challenging. Employers are continuously looking for individuals who have the academic knowledge, qualification and the practical skills to execute. Most have one or the other in this competitive field, and the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production merges the best of both when preparing you to take the next step in your media pursuits.
This UK qualification is recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide, and graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year top-up BA (Hons) in Media and Communications programme offered in collaboration with the University of Greenwich.
Why choose the Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production?
- two (2) years and six (6) months
- Port of Spain
Students applying for the BTEC HND in Creative Media Production must satisfy one of the following requirements.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma (Media and Graphic Design)
- 18 years and over with 2 A Levels or CAPE equivalent
- 18 years and over with ABE Certificate or ABE Diploma (Level 4) or any equivalent qualification
- 21 years and over with 2 years relevant working experience and 4 O’ Levels inclusive of English
* Students will also be required to attend a pre-requisite course in Writing and Study Skills before commencing the BTEC HND programme.
All new students are required to attend a compulsory pre-requisite course, in order to gain entry into this programme. The pre-requisite course is designed to prepare individuals for the Diploma. The focus will be mainly on Writing, Study Skills, Plagiarism, Equipment use and care and Advanced Computer Literacy.
At registration for the pre-req, students would also be required to bring originals as well as copies of their CXC/GCE/CAPE certificates, job letters and any other proof of entry requirements.
Registration for the HND will begin upon completion of the pre-req. For the first semester only of the HND, the Administration fee would be discounted. At this point Registration with Pearson (Edexcel) is also due. This registration fee with Pearson (Edexcel) is valid for a 5 year period.
Must show proof of attempting the previous papers that were funded by GATE.
- The BTEC HND in Creative Media Production is offered exclusively at the Port of Spain campus – Centre for Media Studies on a part-time basis.
- There is one intake per academic year – October.
- Registration period: January – September
- Programme commences: October
Download the 2016 prospectus for additional intake information.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
- The BTEC HND in Creative Media Production is 100% GATE funded for Trinidad and Tobago Nationals only.
- GATE Funding applies to Tuition Fees only.
- In order for nationals to apply for GATE, you must bring your original Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport.
- If you have previously applied for GATE funding, you must submit your Certificate to prove completion before applying for another GATE FUNDED programme.