The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)) programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.
This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Matriculation to HND (Engineering) programme and are interested in pursuing the University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) and BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up) degrees which are also offered at SBCS.
Why choose the HND in Construction and the Built Environment?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of the University of Greenwich's B.Sc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) degree or the University of Greenwich's B.Sc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up) degree.
- Career focused: Persons interested in Facilities Management can start with this HND. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Construction Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Registration is currently OPEN. Classes begin 3 February, 2018
- Early Registration Special: Register before 18 January and get 20% off the registration fee for the first semester.
- Alumni Special: Alumni and immediate family get 30% off registration fees for the first year of study i.e. three (3) semesters.
- Group Plans: Get 25% off the registration fee for the first semester for (2) persons. Rate increase by 5% for each additional person.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
First semester: TT$1,000
Remaining semesters: TT($850 each)
|Payable upon registration every semester (6 semesters)|
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
|Total Tuition Fees over 2 years= TT$35,200.00|
|BTEC Registration Fee|
£450 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: March 1st 2018|
|BTEC Annual Fee||£20 (per year)||Payable each year from Year 2|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Persons who have completed this HND can progress to one of the following:
- 6 semesters over 2.5 years
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for entry to the programme you should be 18 years and over and have at least one of the following:
- Matriculation to HND (Engineering) from SBCS
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- An appropriate Technician Diploma from City & Guilds, UTT, COSTAATT, NEC or an equivalent qualification
- Relevant work experience (Resume and Job letter required)
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies of each
- A detailed Resume and/ or Job Letter
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following forms:
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS
The main aims of the HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – HVAC) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in building services engineering by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the building services engineering sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.