The BTEC HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)) programme aims to produce building services engineers who are well equipped to enter the industry in areas such as design and build, consultancy and facilities management.
The main aims of the HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – HVAC) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in building services engineering by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the building services engineering sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
HNDs are recognized by many higher educational providers as meeting the admission requirements to enter the final year of an undergraduate degree programme.
Graduates of this HND Programme be able to access directly the final year of the University of Greenwich's BSc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) degree at SBCS, Champs Fleurs campus or the University of Greenwich's BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).
- 6 semesters over 2.5 years
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for entry to the programme you must be 18 years and over and have at least one of the following:
- 2 A’Levels
- Matriculation to HND (Engineering) programme from SBCS
- An appropriate Technician Diploma from City & Guilds, UTT, COSTAATT, NEC or an equivalent qualification
- Relevant work experience (Resume and Job letter required)
In addition to the above mentioned qualifications candidates must also have four (4) O’Levels inclusive of Mathematics and English.
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies of each
- A detailed Resume and/ or Job Letter
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following forms:
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS
|SBCS Registration Fee||First semester: TT$1,000 *||Payable upon registration every semester|
|Remaining semesters:TT$850 each)|
|Tuition Fee||TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)||Total Tuition Fees over 2 years= TT$35,200.00|
|TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)|
|BTEC Registration Fee||£450 (one-time payment)||Payable by: October 31st 2017|
|BTEC Annual Fee||£20 (per year)||Payable each year from Year 2|
|*SBCS Matriculation students progressing to the HND pay TT$850|