The Certificate of Higher Education in Computing and Information Systems (formerly Diploma in Computing and Information Systems) is a qualification in its own right that provides an alternative entry route to degree study. It can be completed in a minimum of two years. On successful completion of the programme, you may transfer directly to year two of the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers
- Minimum of one year
- Champs Fleurs
- 4 GCE ‘O’ level subjects (Grade A,B or C) including Mathematics and English and 2 A’ level subjects. OR
- 4 CXC ‘O’ Level subjects (Grade 1, 2 or 3, grade 3’s accepted once obtained from June 1998) including Mathematics and English and 2 CAPE subjects.
- Applicants must be at least seventeen years of age by September 1st in the year of registration.
There will be no recruitment for new students in September 2017.
Students are required to register with SBCS and the University of London.
In order to complete the University of London online application, all students must have their academic certificates verified at the Champs Fleurs or San Fernando campus.
The following must be submitted:-
- Originals and copies of academic certificates (‘O’/’A ‘levels/CAPE).
- Original birth certificate and National ID or Passport.
Verification of certificates can be done by your Local Ministry of Education.
UoL Online Application process:
- Complete the online Application Form.
- Upload scanned verified copies of academic certificates.
- Upload scanned Birth Certificate and National ID.
- Examination results for CXC, CAPE and/or GCE received within the current registration year do not need to be verified. The original result slips can be uploaded.
- Students who have misplaced or lost their original CXC Certificates and have the Statement of Results issued by the Ministry of Education, can also upload the original document.
- Submit the application fee. Payments can be made via credit card (if paying online) or bank draft.
The Application fee represents the cost of processing applications at the University of London and it is non-refundable.
Each Application will be considered on an individual basis and the decision taken at the discretion of the University.
Aims and Objectives
Studying Computing and information systems with the University of London will give you the fundamental skills needed to become a computing or information systems professional.
This programme is designed to equip you with a wide range of knowledge and skills to increase your career prospects; for example:
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Application Programmer
- IT Consultant