This course aims to introduce persons to E-Waste Disposal, Management and Recycling. E-Waste is particularly viable since there is a positive likelihood for added value potential in its components.
Excessive waste is currently one of the critical problems facing the planet today. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (SDGs) have included waste in Goals 3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 15 and 17. These are Good Health and Well Being, Clean Water and Sanitation, Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Life Below Water, Life on Land and Partnerships for the Goals respectively. The 2030 National Development Plan (NDP) for Trinidad and Tobago has also included it as an area of significant action.
Current trends indicate that many countries and organizations are aligning development agendas and resources with the SDGs and one major outcome is technology advancement, innovative entrepreneurship and creation of sustainable livelihoods via waste management.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify E-Waste definitions, types and categories.
- Understand the concepts of the circular economy and sustainable business.
- Gain insight into global waste generation, consumption patterns and Implications.
- Gain insight into global waste generation, consumption patterns.
- Understand the Recycling Chain from worst to good practice.
- Gain an overview of relevant Health & Safety Legal Aspects: Policy, International Legislation.
- Develop awareness of national legislation and relevant multilateral environmental agreements pertaining to waste.
- Appreciate current practices.
- Gain an introduction to Manual Dismantling and more.
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|6-Oct-21||8-Dec-21||Wed||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$370 / TT$2450|
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/9.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.