The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Global Recognition - accredited by the British Computer Society
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.
- 18 months full-time (18 - 24 months part-time)
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
- Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- ABE Advanced Diploma in BIS
- IMIS Higher Diploma or IDPM Higher Diploma
- ACP Advanced Diploma (credit average)
- NCC Advanced Diploma
- ROYTEC’s Associate Degree in ISM
- UTT Diploma in Computing
- CSEC/CXC graduates can obtain the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information top-up degree via our Matriculation (Foundation) to the Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- CAPE/GCE A’ level graduates can also pursue this qualification via the Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
The deadline for January 2018 registration is the 13th January, 2018.
You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting or emailing:
- Original certificate and transcript.
- Original Birth certificate
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
In cases where students must request an original transcript from the relevant examination body. Please forward to:
Mr. Keston Chandler
Course Administrator II
SBCS Global Learning Institute
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
If you wish to speak with a course administrator, please call us at 663-7227 ext 1250 – 1256 or;
Email: email@example.com for more details.
Career opportunities exist in many computing areas, these include:
- Database Analyst, Database Developer, Database Administrator or Database Architect
- Mobile Application Developer, Web Developer, Full Stack Developer, Front End Developer, Web Designer, Interaction Designer
- E-Commerce Specialist, Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator, Network Administrator
University Facts 2017
- The University of Greenwich achieved a Teaching Excellence Framework silver rating in recognition of high quality resources, teaching and personalised provision. Click here to find out more.
- The University has more than 245,000 alumni, and a thriving Alumni Association with more than 67,000 former students from 160 countries.
- The University has been providing quality education for more than 125 years.
Courses that compliment the Top-Up BSc (Hons) CIS include:
- CISCO – Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- COMPTIA – Network +, Security+
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Professional Development/ Short courses
- Computer Forensics
- Network Forensics Investigations
- Security Testing Associate
- Wireless Security Associate