This course aims to introduce persons to Cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems such as hardware, software and data from cyber-threats. The practice is used by individuals and enterprises to protect against unauthorized access to data centers and other computerized systems.
Cyber attacks come in many shapes and sizes, but the vast majority are very basic in nature, carried out by relatively unskilled individuals. Learn how to protect yourself at home and in the organization by creating an understanding in the basics of cybersecurity.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Secure your internet connection.
- Secure your devices and software.
- Control access to your data and services.
- Protect against viruses and other malware.
- Keep your devices and software up to date.
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|14-Aug-20||4-Sep-20||Fri||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$180 / TT$1200|
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$1,200.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/9.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.