The City and Guilds Diploma in Electrical Installation was designed for persons aspiring to become an electrician or a certified wireman. This qualification forms the basis of knowledge for all modern domestic and commercial electrical installation work, and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as an electrician.
This programme provides a range of electrical installation skills by combining both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include installing electrical systems to national standards, single phase and three phase circuits, inspection and testing of domestic installations and diagnosing and repairing faults. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written multiple choice examinations.
Graduates of this Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Electrical Installation qualification will obtain an internationally recognized Diploma from City and Guilds of London institute and will be eligible to apply for the Wireman's Licence from the Electrical Inspectorate which certifies electricians in Trinidad and Tobago.
Why Study Electrical Installation at SBCS?
- Achieve an Internationally recognized qualification.
- Graduates will meet the academic requirement to apply to the Electrical Inspectorate to sit the Wireman's Licence examination.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Registration is currently OPEN. Semester starts September 2018. Exams in June 2019.
Register early and earn 5% discount on tuition.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
|Payable upon registration every semester|
|Early registration discount available|
|C&G Registration Fee|
£50 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: 16th June 2018|
|C&G Examination Fee||£45 (per exam)|
Total Examination Fee = £90
Payable by: 29th September 2018
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Basic Knowledge in mathematics will be an asset.
This qualification is assessed by a combination of online/written examinations and practical assignments.
To achieve the Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Electrical Installation, learners must complete the following:
- Basic Construction Skills Principles (6161-002)
- Basic Construction Skills Practice – Refrigeration and air Conditioning Basic Skills (6161 -106)
- Electrical Installation 2 Principles (6161-037)
- Electrical Installation 2 Practice (6161-137)
Assessments for each course is as follows:
|Course Code||Course Title||Assessments|
Basic Construction Skills Principles
Multiple-choice assessment (1 hour) based on the following learning outcomes:
Basic Construction Skills Practice – Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Basic Skills
|Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to set out and install simple refrigeration pipework from a liquid receiver to an evaporator.|
Electrical Installation 2 Principles
Multiple-choice assessment (2.5 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
|6161-135||Electrical Installation 2 Practice|
Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to: