The Electricity and Electronics course is ideally suited for learners seeking to understand what electronics is all about and to develop the basic skills and knowledge to apply to troubleshooting electronic systems
This course provides provides an overview of the fundamental technical knowledge of electricity and electronics and provides a basis for further study. Concepts of electric current flow, circuit calculations, alternating current versus direct current theories, transformers and semi-conductor design and use are emphasized throughout this course
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the concept of Electricity and identifying the various effects of electric current flow.
- Performing simple circuit calculations involving ohm’s law in series and parallel resistive circuits.
- Understanding the operation of resistors, capacitors and inductors in electrical and electronic circuits.
- Differentiating between alternating current and direct current in a circuit.
- Understanding the principle of operation of transformers.
- Understanding semiconductors and semiconducting components such as diodes and transistors.
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Electricity and Electronics at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
- Register early and earn a 10% discount on tuition valid until the end of May
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|21-Jul-18||8-Sep-18||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||$1,950|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of mathematics and basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.