- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
A basic course in Electricity or Electronics or practical experience in Electrical Systems
There is an administration fee of $150 to be paid when registering. The deadline to register is one week before the start date of the class after which a late administration fee of $175 will be charged.
The credit price will apply if you wish to pay a down payment and installments. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this course is to present the technical subject of electric motor controls in a non-technical language. This course is 75% hands-on and upon completion, students should understand:
- How contactors and relays work
- How thermal overload protection works
- How manual and magnetic starters work
- How to design simple control circuits
- Understand the basic components which comprise electric motor control
- Be able to design and wire basic full voltage reversing and non-reversing combination starters
- Be able to select contactors and starters
- Understand the basic control schematics of common reduced voltage starters.