A Sustainable and Practical Approach to Hydroponic Food Production Utilizing Solar Technology is designed to provide the necessary teaching content to ensure that all participants gain the basic knowledge, science and confidence to construct their own hydroponic system.
Hydroponic farming utilizing solar energy is one form of Climate Smart Agriculture Practices geared toward maximizing food production, whilst ensuring the safety and protection of the environment. Tropical climates have an abundance of sunlight that can convert into solar energy. This energy can be stored and utilized to operate energy-dependent production systems, like Hydroponic Farming. Rural Agriculture areas that are restricted to traditional farming practices can now fully mechanize their production systems, increase revenue and adopt commercial food safety quality standards.
Hydroponic farming offers a pathway towards a more sustainable food ethic which prioritizes the health of our food, bodies and environment without the heavy use of chemicals. It also promotes the growth of healthier crops in an intensive system. This type of farming is modern and would improve our food production systems.
Most importantly, these methods can be adopted by home growers and small business start-ups.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- To understand the principles of plant health
- To understand plant fertility and fertilizer blends
- To have a general understanding of the different types of hydroponic systems
- To apply the teaching content to construct any hydroponic system
- To understand the scientific engineering application of solar energy
- To apply sustainable renewable energy solar technology.
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Please click here to view the full course outline.
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
Blended - Online Classes plus Practical Sessions @ Champs Fleurs Campus
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|28-Jan-23||25-Feb-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$160/ TT$1050|
|29-Apr-23||27-May-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$160/ TT$1050|
|22-Jul-23||19-Aug-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$160/ TT$1050|
|7-Oct-23||4-Nov-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$160/ TT$1050|
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: US$23 / TT$150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,050.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here