CompTIA Linux+ certification allows students to acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to successfully configure, manage and troubleshoot Linux systems. This certification is widely used by large organizations such as the U.S. Navy, Dell, HP, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Learning outcomes include (but not limited to) the following:
- Determining and configuring hardware settings, booting the system, changing run levels / boot targets and shutdown or rebooting system
- Designing hard disk layout, installing a boot manager, managing shared libraries, using Debian, RPM and YUM package management
- Working on the command line, processing text streams using filters, performing basic file management, using streams, pipes and redirects, creating, monitoring and killing processes, modifying process execution priorities, searching text files using regular expressions, performing basic file editing operations using vi
- Creating partitions and filesystems, maintaining the integrity of filesystems, control mounting and unmounting of filesystems, managing disk quotas, managing file permissions and ownership, creating and changing hard and symbolic links, finding system files and placing files in the correct location
- Customizing and using the shell environment, customizing or writing simple scripts, SQL data management
- Installing and configuring X11, setting up a display manager, accessibility
- Managing user and group accounts and related system files, automating system administration tasks by scheduling jobs, localization and internationalization
- Maintaining system time, system logging, Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics, managing printers and printing
- Fundamentals of internet protocols, basic network configuration and troubleshooting, configuring client side DNS
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why Study Linux+ with SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- The course is practical. All sessions are held in a lab and each participant has access to a computer.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware and software that you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis at one location, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Sufficient contact hours to cover the full syllabus and prepare participants for the CompTIA exam.
- CompTIA exams can be written at your convenience at our Champs Fleurs campus through our testing center.
SCHEDULE & FEES
Register early and earn 10% off tuition. Offer valid until 20 January 2018.
- Payment Plans are available.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|11-Jun-18||11-Jul-18||M/W||5:30pm - 8:30pm||$4,500|
|14-Aug-18||13-Sep-18||T/T||5:30pm - 8:30pm||$4,500|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 5 weeks
- Champs Fleurs
Knowledge of DOS
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
This course is geared towards the CompTIA Linux+ LXO-103 & LXO-104 exams.
- In person at any of our campuses
- Online via Pearson Vue.
- Visit our Book Distribution Centre three (3) to five (5) days before the actual exam day
- Walk with two (2) forms of valid ID one of which must be a picture ID
- Pay for the exam via Bank Draft,Cheque Linx, Visa or Mastercard
Persons registering online would need to:
- Visit Pearson Vue
- Sign in or create an account
- Follow the steps provided on the website to register for the exam