The Matriculation to the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business provides learners who are CXC / CSEC graduates with the opportunity to pursue a higher level qualification in a Business discipline, by enabling a seamless transfer from Secondary to Postsecondary education.
Graduates of the Matriculation programme will progress directly to Pearson's Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (Human Resource Management or Management and then onto the final year of an undergraduate degree; either BA (Hons) Human Resource Management (University of Greenwich) or BA (Hons) Business Management (University of Sunderland).
- 1 year
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
To be eligible for entry into the Matriculation to the HND in Business applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- A minimum of four (4) O’Level passes inclusive of Mathematics or Accounts and English or any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as from GCE O’Level.
- Any CXC graduate not meeting the criteria as stated above can be further assessed by a course administrator to ensure suitability for the programme.
- Students will be asked to complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to determine their current strengths and weaknesses in terms of higher education study skills.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies or
- A detailed Résumé and/or Job Letter where applicable.
Once the entry requirements are satisfied the following is completed:
- An SBCS Registration Form
Candidates who do not meet these entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
Aims and Objectives
The main aims of the Matriculation to the HND in Business are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experiences.
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their studies in a business discipline.
- To produce a graduate who can communicate effectively in the work place.
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline.
- To establish a foundation for career development in Business and for all graduates of this programme.
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates.
- To ensure graduates are confident in recognizing and creating opportunities when the situation arises.
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies.
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.
This course will be assessed by a combination of practical assignments and examinations.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago, and by Pearson (UK) for direct entry into their Higher National Diplomas.
This programme will be offered full time and consists of six (6) compulsory units:
- Business Studies
- Accounting Studies
- Business Communication and Technology in the 21st Century Workplace
- Computation for Business Part 1 – (Business Mathematics)