Secure your foundation for a degree and career in Business or Human Resource Management.
The Matriculation to the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business is a Pearson (UK) and ACTT approved Foundation programme, geared toward CSEC / CXC graduates as an alternative to CAPE or 6th Form. It provides such learners with the opportunity to pursue a higher level qualification in a Business discipline, by enabling a seamless transfer from Secondary to Post-secondary education.
Graduates of the Matriculation programme will progress directly to Pearson's Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business and then onto the final year of an undergraduate degree; either the BA (Hons) Human Resource Management or BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) from the University of Greenwich, or BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Sunderland.
- 1 year
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC / CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics or Accounts, and English, or any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as from GCE O’Level;
- All applicants must complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to receive further academic advisement;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies or
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
Candidates who do not meet these entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
Call: (868) 663-SBCS (7227) Ext. 1041-1044 to speak to our programme representatives.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Aims and Objectives
The main aims of the Matriculation to the HND in Business programme are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experiences.
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their studies in a business discipline.
- To produce a graduate who can communicate effectively in the work place.
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline.
- To establish a foundation for career development in Business and for all graduates of this programme.
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates.
- To ensure graduates are confident in recognizing and creating opportunities when the situation arises.
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies.
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment Methods
Much like our HND, this foundation programme is taught using a blended approach of theory and practice; know-what and know-how. Throughout the course delivery, students will be exposed to lectures, in-class and online discussions, group work, among others.
This course will be assessed by a combination of examinations and practical assignments.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago, and by Pearson (UK) for direct entry into their Higher National Diplomas.
Students have to successfully complete three (3) Employability Skills courses and all six (6) compulsory units in order to complete the Matriculation to HND in Business programme.
New students are accepted into the Matriculation to the HND in Business programme in September of every year for full-time classes.
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Please contact Course Administration for any clarification.