The Matriculation to Higher National Diploma (Engineering), allows learners to pursue the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in either BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC).
Graduates from the BTEC HND EEE programme can progress to the final year in the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme. Graduates from the BTEC HND Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC) can progress to the BSc.(Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).
- This qualification can be earned in 1 year.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
To be eligible for entry into this Matriculation programme, applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- A minimum of four (4) CSEC passes inclusive of Mathematics, English and a Science subject or any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as from GCE O’Level OR
- City & Guilds International Technician Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or any other recognised qualifications.
NOTE: Persons interested in this programme and who do not hold any of the above qualifications may be interviewed and accepted, even if they are not currently employed in the field.
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies of each
- A detailed Resume and /or Job Letter
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a pathway for progression to the Pearson BTEC HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering programme by equipping learners with the relevant knowledge, understanding and skills required to succeed in the Higher National Diploma programmes.
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experience.
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their study in an engineering discipline.
- To produce a graduate that can communicate effectively in the work place.
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline.
- Establish a foundation for career development in Engineering for all graduates of this programme.
This course will be assessed by a combination of practical assignments and examinations.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.