As an alternative to Sixth Form, The Matriculation to Higher National Diploma (Media and Graphic Design) provides learners with the opportunity to pursue a higher level qualification in a combination of Media and Graphic Design disciplines by enabling a seamless transfer from Secondary to Post-Secondary education.
Graduates of the Matriculation programme can progress directly to Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production or Graphic Design.
Following this, graduates of the HND programme can then enter the final year of an undergraduate degree in Media and Communications (University of Greenwich) or Graphic Design (University of Sunderland).
- 1 Year
To be eligible for entry to the programme applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC/CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English or
- Any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as GCE A’ Levels.
- Any CSEC/CXC graduate not meeting the criteria as stated above can be further assessed by the Academic or Programme Leader to confirm suitability for the programme.
- Students will be asked to complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to determine their current strengths and weaknesses in terms of higher education study skills.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies or
(b) A detailed Resume and/or Job Letter where applicable.
Once the entry requirements are satisfied the following is completed:
- An SBCS Registration Form
If you need an acceptance letter after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information please contact our administrative teams at our:
Centre for Media Studies
Port of Spain Campus
Telephone: 622-1993 extensions 1331, 1333
Centre for Graphic Communication
Telephone: 640-7090 extensions 1512 – 1516
Email: email@example.com for more details.
The main aims of the SBCS Diploma in Media and Graphics are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experience;
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their study in a Media or Graphic Design discipline;
- To produce a graduate that can communicate effectively in the work place;
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline;
- Establish a foundation for career development in Media and Graphic Design for all graduates of this programme;
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates;
- To ensure graduates are confident to recognize and create opportunities when the situation arises;
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies;
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.