Built around the key roles of Human Resource Management, this programme will help develop the HR Manager’s strategic, functional and personal skills.
Ask any organisation to identify the key to their success and they’ll say “our people”, but for those people to perform at their best, they need to work in an atmosphere in which they feel valued and rewarded. The HR professional is one of the keys to delivering just that.
This programme will enable managers, whatever their present level of experience, to develop the strategic, functional and personal skills they need to meet the increasingly demanding roles of HR. The programme also addresses the increasingly important interfaces between HR and other key business functions, including marketing and communications, information and communications technologies and knowledge management.
The areas of study include the HR function as strategic partner, change agent, administrative expert and employee champion. It also addresses the interface between HR and other key business functions. Graduates of the MSc will come away with invaluable insights, increased understanding and new knowledge.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION DATES FOR THE JULY 2017 SEMESTER:
- June 5th - July 1st, 2017
MASTERS INFORMATION SESSIONS 2017
- Champs Fleurs: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- San Fernando: Saturday, May, 27th, 2017 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Champs Fleurs, Port of Spain, San Fernando, Trincity
A first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
Those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing the first three courses one of which must be a core course.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot Watt MSc. Human Resource Management programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
- Copy of GATE Status sheet (online GATE Clearance application)
Note: All documents mentioned above must be presented in their original state along with copies.
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
- You may be required to use adobe to fill the form/s
- Your form/s can be downloaded, completed, saved and emailed to us at email@example.com
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
Our MSc H.R.M PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinized by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £140 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
Exemptions from specific courses may be granted to holders of recognised academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination.
University regulations do not permit exemptions to be granted for degrees obtained at the same level.
Therefore, exemptions are not awarded to holders of another Master degree even if it was obtained from Heriot-Watt University. Professional qualifications obtained by examination within two years of application may also lead to exemptions being awarded.
For example, CHRP (Canada) holders may be eligible for exemption from Organisational Behaviour. Exemptions will be awarded if holders of approved qualifications can provide evidence of comparability of course content. Guidelines on the award of exemptions are available online.
If you wish to apply for an exemption you should complete the relevant section of the Programme Entry Form or download and complete the Exemption Application Form and submit it with the required supporting documentation to Edinburgh Business School, who are the sole authority on this matter.
Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook:
GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE FOR TUITION EXPENSES (GATE)
We would like to advise you that the Ministry of Education (MOE) has restructured the GATE Application process. This new service is referred to as the GATE e-Service, and you are now required to apply for GATE Clearance and GATE Funding electronically.
The following are the steps necessary to access and use this service:
1. Obtain a GATE e-Service ID
2. Apply for GATE at www.e-gate.gov.tt/gate-app/
GATE e-Service ID
To access this service you must firstly obtain your GATE e-Service ID by providing the required documentation to one of the GATE e-Service Registration Officers stationed at TT Connect Offices throughout Trinidad and Tobago. (only Originals are to be presented):
- Electronic Birth Certificate (Mandatory) and
- National ID or Passport and
- Current and Active Email Address (for correspondence from MTEST)
Once you have obtained your GATE e-Service ID, you will then be required to apply for GATE Clearance by visiting the following website:
In order to apply for GATE Clearance you will be required to upload scanned versions of:
- Birth Certificate (mandatory) and
- National Identification Card or Trinidad and Tobago Passport
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate (for married/divorced student)
- Deed Poll (for name change)
- Payment Slip (receipt showing proof of payment, for post-graduate student)
- Latest Result Slip / Transcript (for continuing student)
- Acceptance Letter from Institution (for student pursuing new programme) (Please ensure that you receive this document on registration with SBCS from your Customer Service Representative)
*Do note that Gate covers 50% of Tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for the academic year.