MSc. Finance (Major: Economic Policy)
The MSc Finance (major: Economic Policy) is designed principally for postgraduates working on economic policy in government, central bank, other public organisations, international institutions and consultancy. It enables you to deepen your understanding of the principles, applications and context underlying economic policy with a focus on policy’s financial aspects.
You should either have a good degree in finance, economics or another appropriate discipline (qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits), or an equivalent qualification and suitable relevant work experience.
You will select five (5) core courses from the courses listed below.
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
- Microeconomic Principles and Policy
- The International Monetary Fund and Economic Policy
- International Finance
- Public Financial Management: Planning and Performance
You will also choose three courses from the list of electives or core courses.
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications
- Econometric Principles and Data Analysis
- Econometric Analysis and Applications
- Financial Econometrics
- Quantitative Methods for Financial Management
- Modelling Firms and Markets
- Finance in the Global Market
- Banking Regulation and Resolution of Banking Crises
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Bank Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Project Appraisal and Impact Analysis
- Research Methods
As a graduate of this programme you will be well prepared for senior positions in government, central banks, other public organisations, international institutions and consultancy.
Duration Of Programme
A minimum of two calendar years; maximum registration of five years
Each course is assessed by:
- Two assignments
- A three hour examination held in the October examination period
Each assignment consists of compulsory questions or an essay-based topic, which should be answered in no more than 2500 words. Assignments and examinations are weighted 30:70
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information