Security+ is a foundation level certification from CompTIA for IT professionals who have day-to-day information security responsibilities. Students will build on their knowledge and professional experience in securing network devices and network traffic. It reinforces their knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems networks as they acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer.
This course is covered in 30 contact hours
A+ and Network+ or Equivalent Knowledge
There is an administration fee of $100 to be paid when registering. The deadline to register is one week before the start date of the class after which a late administration fee of $120 will be charged.
The credit price will apply if you wish to pay a down payment and installments. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
The following topics are included in this programme:
(1) General Security+
- Securing Access
- Access Control
- Attacks and malicious Code
- Password Assessment and Management
- CompTIA Security+
(2) Communications Security
- Remote Access
- Web Security, Directory, and File Transfer
(3) Infrastructure Security
- Detecting Intruders
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- LAN Devices and Media
- Operating System Security
- Security Topologies
(4) Encryption Technologies
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption
- Practical Encryption
- Public–key Infrastructure
(5) Operational and Organizational Security
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Policy and Procedures
- Physical Security and Environmental Issues
- Risk and Forensics
Click link to view the schedule.