Event Management for Business Professionals - Seminar
This course is a practical one, geared towards teaching the students how to successfully plan and execute an event. The course focuses on the many aspects of event management, as well as the critical "rules of thumb" that must be applied and adhered to in planning and executing an event. With this in mind special attention is paid to risk management, as well as to the details of an event, which are so very critical, yet can be so easily overlooked.
Identifying The Event Scope
- Ice Breaker
- Identifying the Purpose of an event
- Doing an event SWOT analysis
- Feasibility and Research
- Practical exercise – Choose an event, do a ‘needs assessment’ and SWOT
(Handouts – definitions of meetings and events)
Planning and Preparation
- Identifying event elements
- Checklists, Usefulness of Microsoft project
- Practical exercise – do a checklist for an event
- Forming committees, resources, capabilities
- Logistics Management
- Contingency planning
- Tips for the event planner
- Head tables;
- Decorations, banners, signage;
- Caterers etc.
Developing Budgets, Monitoring Finances
- The basics of budgeting
- Practical exercise
- Identifying your final event project
- Sponsorships and the Community (EMA)
- Negotiating Contracts
- Elements in Planning a major sponsorship event
- Developing a sponsorship proposal
Marketing and Hosting Your Event
- Event marketing
- Press releases
- How to perfect the Master of Ceremonies job
Evaluation and Measurement
- ‘Closing off’
- Event documents
Sport Event Management
- Registration for all Corporate Training courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Port-of-Spain, Trincity or San Fernando Campus.
- Payment of fees can be made by linx, credit card or cheque. SBCS is now CASH FREE!
- An administration fee of $100.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $20 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.