Diploma in Computing and Information Systems
The Diploma in Computing and Information Systems is a qualification in its own right that provides an alternative entry route to degree study. The Diploma can be completed in a minimum of two years.On successful completion of the Diploma you may transfer directly to Level two of the BSc.
- Applicants must be at least seventeen years of age by September 1st in the year of registration
- Four GCE 'O' level subjects (Grade A,B or C), CXC 'O' Level subjects (Grade 1, 2 or 3 grade 3's accepted once obtained from June 1998 onwards) including Mathematics and English
Aims and Objectives
Studying Computing and information systems with the University of London will give you the fundamental skills needed to become a computing or information systems professional.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago covers tuition expenses via the GATE programme for nationals of Trinidad and Tobago.
This programme is designed to equip you with a wide range of knowledge and skills to increase your career prospects for example Systems Analyst, Systems Designer, Application Programmer and IT Consultant.
Kindly contact the Dept firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to complete the University of London application process all students must have their academic certificates verified. Please view the options below:
Students can go to the School of Business and Computer Science Limited at the Champs Fleurs or San Fernando Campus ONLY.
They are required to walk with originals and copies of their Academic Certificates O’ Level and or A’ level). These would be verified at NO CHARGE.
Students can go to the British High Commission (Trinidad and Tobago) with their original academic qualifications and copies (O’Level and or A ‘level). The copies would be verified for a fee of fifty ($50) TT per certificate. This procedure is usually done on a Tuesday (only) between the hrs. of 8:00-11:30am.
As the High Commission no longer receives any form of payment for the verification process, the fee of $50.00 per certificate can be made at any Republic Bank in Trinidad and Tobago ACCT#150491813201.
The receipt must be presented to the British High Commission official where the verification process would be completed.
****As the UOL Application process is now done ONLINE ONLY students must now:
- Complete the ONLINE London Application Form. (www.londoninternational.ac.uk)
- Pay the application fee (£70) ONLINE. (Via credit card). A Bank Draft may be accepted please consult UOL dept.
- Scan stamped verified copies of CXC and ‘A’ level Certificates. (attach with application form on line)
- Scan Birth Certificate and National ID (attach with application form on line)
- Examination results for CXC, CAPE and/or GCE received within the current registration year do not need to be verified. The original result slips must be scanned and attached with application form on line.
- Students who have misplaced or lost their original CXC Certificates and have the Statement of Results issued by the Ministry of Education, need to scan the original and attach to the application form on line as these statements are not verified.
*** The Application fee represents the cost of processing applications at the University of London and it’s non-refundable.
***Each Application will be considered on an individual basis and the decision taken at the discretion of the University.
Please click here for the Diploma Computing and Information Systems UOL Application Form
Please find the costing structure for the Diploma Computing & Information Systems
Diploma Computing & Information Costing Structure
The deadline for SBCS Registration for this programme is Friday September 21, 2012