Delivering a Professional Media INTERVIEWEE Performance
This media training course is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and confidence required to give effective TV and radio interviews. Delegates will learn how to prepare for interviews, how to pitch a story to journalists, and they will also get hands on training on how to become credible interviewees. This eight week course will simulate interview sessions giving delegates a chance to learn critical strategies and techniques, like how to target specific audiences, deal with hostile situations and the importance of voice projection and facial expressions.
This course is designed for any age group and caters to the needs of anyone who is interested in learning how to give effective interviews.
- What is news?
- Who are journalists? (their responsibilities, attitudes and goals)
- Developing your company’s media agenda: what does your audience and your journalist
want to hear?
- Pitching your story: getting a journalist interested
- How to get your message across: choosing which media best suits your PR
- Crafting your message: writing and rehearsing sound bites, press releases and press kits.
- Project #1 given
- In front of the camera
- How to act
- How to speak
- What to wear
- Practicing your media message (group role play)
- Repeat, repeat, repeat
- Stay in character
- Be positive, never negative
- Befriend your interviewer and your audience
- Fielding questions (students will dual role – interviewer/interviewee)
- Treating with hostile journalists
- How to have the unprepared interview
- TV interviews – Delegates get hands on training (studio)
- Radio interviews – Delegates get hands on training (audio room)
- Telephone interviews for TV and radio
- Project due – (TBA)
- Discussion about final projects
- Projects are reviewed, comments and suggestions given
- Final project performed, grades and comments given.
* Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
* Registration for all Short Media courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Port-of-Spain, Trincity or San Fernando Campus.
* Payment of fees can be made by linx, credit card or cheque.
* An administration fee of $100.00 is payable on all registrations.
* A late fee of $20 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
* A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Day||Sessions||Time|
|Port of Spain||TBA||TBA||TBA
||8||5:30pm - 8:30pm|