A Practical Approach To Designing Efficient Organizational Structures - Maximizing Productivity and Control
By the End of this seminar, participants will be able to:
• Define delegation
• Identify why delegation is necessary & how it can create successful deliverables
• Identify criteria for fair & effective delegation
• Recognise common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
• Demonstrate knowledge of delegation skills & techniques
Prior Knowledge Session
Participants share their attitudes towards and perception of Delegation which lead into the discussion on Delegation.
What Delegation Is
- Definitions of Delegation
- Why Delegation is critical to organisational success
- Knowing When to Delegate & When to do it yourself
- Who can Delegate - Levels of delegation
- Upward Delegation - Why you don't have to save the day!
What Delegation Is Not
- Responsibility, accountability & control of work are your domain
- Passing the buck and implications of same
The Delegation Meeting
- Picking the right person for the job
- Communication Techniques to employ when delegating (Attitude, tone, body language, non verbals)
- Describing the deliverables & measurement of outcomes
- Transforming the ordinary task into a challenge!
- Ensuring that the delegated task is understood
- Monitoring Delegation - The role of coaching, counseling, mentoring, leading by example, positive reinforcement
- Giving feedback, praise, recognition, developmental recommendations for improvement
Why Delegation Sometimes Fails
- Common pitfalls to Avoid when Delegating
The Delegation Checklist
- Participants review The Delegation Checklist and engage in a discussion on key points identified.
- Participants begin to prepare a personal action plan for effectively delegating based on the topics covered in course.
- Participants work in pairs to identify a task related to their jobs which must be effectively delegated and role play actual delegation of task to another.
- Are you secure enough to delegate?
Review & Closure
- Thank participants for participation, contribution & enthusiasm!
- Registration for all Corporate Training courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Port-of-Spain, Trincity or San Fernando Campus.
- Payment of fees can be made by linx, credit card or cheque.
- There are no administration fees in respect of Seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.