Creating and Developing Web Pages
This course will introduce students to Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), Dynamic Hyper Text Markup (DHTML) and Cascading Style Sheets(CSS) using Macromedia Fireworks and Website animation application package. Simple websites will be developed that include frames, tables and CSS.
This course is covered in 24 contact hours
Knowledge of Windows and the Internet
There is an administration fee of $100 to be paid when registering. The deadline to register is one week before the start date of the class after which a late administration fee of $120 will be charged.
The credit price will apply if you wish to pay a down payment and installments. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
This course serves as an introduction to various programming languages that are used in the creation of webpages. It is covered in 24 contact hours and covers the following topics:
- Background to the World Wide Web
- Requirements for establishing a point-to-point connection to the Internet
- Choosing an Internet Service Provider
- Investigating different types of browser
- Using Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Using Search Engines to Search the World Wide Web
- How to Register Your Site to Internet Search Engines
- What is HTML?
- Using Notepad as HTML Editor
- What is DHTML?
- What is CSS?
- Linking to an external CSS style sheet Importing a CSS style sheet
Using tables and nested tables
- Mixing DHTML and HTML on the same page
- Linking Pages