SBCS Ltd approved bridging course to BSc. Occupational Safety, Health & Environment Programme: Fundamentals of Health Safety and Environment
The Fundamentals of Health Safety and Environment (FHSE), from SBCS, is the next step after completing any one of the following qualifications stipulated in the "entry requirements" section below. This qualification can be earned in just three (3) months. Students will be assessed and issued a certificate by SBCS.
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Health
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Technology
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Water Resources Management and Technology
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Agriculture
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Forestry
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Management
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Physics
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Biology
COSTAATT Associate Degree in General Nursing
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Nutrition and Food Science
Cipriani College Associate Degree in Security Administration and Management
City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma
Any COSTAATT or Cipriani College Associate Degree in a Science and/or Engineering subject.
Any other Associate Degree – must be accompanied by a transcript and assessed by the Senior Course Administrator.
Aims and Objectives
The course aims to:
- Introduce the student to the concepts of workplace health, safety and hygiene
- Make the student aware of the importance good workplace health, safety and hygiene
- Introduce the student to the concept of hazard identification and analysis, and risk assessment and management
- Examine some of the more common health, safety and hygiene issues associated with the workplace
- Consider the scientific and technical controls available to deal with workplace risks.
At the end of the course, the student will:
- understand the importance of ensuring good occupational health, safety and welfare
- appreciate the mechanisms associated with accidents and ill-health in the workplace
- be able to identify hazards in the workplace and undertake a simple risk assessment
- be familiar with some of the more common health, safety and hygiene issues associated with the workplace
- appreciate and understand the application of the control measures available for workplace health, safety and hygiene risks
The deadline for registration is Saturday 29th June, 2013.
Kindly email the Greenwich Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact:
- Tricia Adams - Academic Operations Officer
- Crystal Lezama- Assistant Course Administrator
- Stephen Solozano - Assistant Course Administrator