Fundamentals of Computer Repairs
Fundamentals of Computer Repairs is a practical course that allows participants to understand how computers work by focusing on various components and operating systems. This course acts as a pre-requisite to the internationally recognised Comptia A+ certification course.
This course is covered in 24 contact hours
There is an administration fee of $100 to be paid when registering. The deadline to register is one week before the start date of the class after which a late administration fee of $120 will be charged.
The credit price will apply if you wish to pay a down payment and installments. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
The following is a list of topics that will be covered during this programme:
- The boot-up process
- Hardware and Software
- External and Internal hardware used with the computer
- Computer Ports
- Installing and removing internal components
- DOS – 101
- The Windows 98 Enhanced Boot Disk
- Removing all information from a Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Preparing a blank HDD
- Installing an Operating System on a prepared HDD
- Must have Computer Software (Anti-Virus, Diagnostic, Utilities)
- Hard Disk Drive – Scandisk, Defragmentation
- Hardware – Cleaning Tips, schedules
Click link to view the schedule.