Principles of Waste Reduction, Recycling and Solid Waste Management covers topics within the overall context of life cycle analysis as well as environmental sustainability and climate change. This course references international best practices as well as local programs and initiatives.
This course is suited for managers and supervisors with a responsibility for waste management as well as those pursuing a career in environmental sustainability and recycling/solid waste management.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of waste reduction, recycling and waste management within the context of environmental sustainability and climate change
- Recognize the types of treatment systems required for proper waste management
- Design waste recycling and material recovery facilities
- Appreciate the support mechanisms required for successful recycling and waste management programs
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturdays, which allow working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|6-Mar-21||1-May-21||SAT||9:00am - 1:00pm|
US$345 / TT$2250
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please click Registration Information for more details.
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 weeks
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.