Principles of Waste Reduction, Recycling and Solid Waste Management covers topics within the overall context of life cycle analysis as well as environmental sustainability and climate change. This course references international best practices as well as local programs and initiatives.
This course is suited for managers and supervisors with a responsibility for waste management as well as those pursuing a career in environmental sustainability and recycling/solid waste management.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of waste reduction, recycling and waste management within the context of environmental sustainability and climate change
- Recognize the types of treatment systems required for proper waste management
- Design waste recycling and material recovery facilities
- Appreciate the support mechanisms required for successful recycling and waste management programs
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturdays, which allow working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Early bird savings of 15% on tuition up to 8 August (ie. $2,550 plus the registration fee)
- 15% savings on tuition to SBCS Alumni and current students up to the start date of class
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|10-Aug-19||12-Nov-19||Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon||Cash Price: $3,000 $2,550 (until 8 August);|
Registration fee: $150 or $175 (late)
|22-Oct-19||28-Nov-19||T/T||5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
$3,000 Registration fee: $150 or $175 (late)
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2019 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 weeks
- Champs Fleurs