The ABMA qualifications in Public Health Management (PHM) are specifically designed to empower individuals to respond effectively and professionally to issues that would otherwise impact hugely on communities and regions without their involvement.
The need for specially trained individuals with the capacity to encourage more healthy practices and protect against the constant threats to public health, from increasingly difficult and complex issues, has never been greater.
The duration of the Level 4 Diploma is one (1) year.
Key Points to Note:
- Entry qualifications: 2 CAPE / A-level subjects OR relevant work experience. See the Entry Requirements tab below for details.
- This programme is fully online with live sessions which are recorded and available for review.
- Students have free access to ABMA's online library.
- The ABMA Diplomas are standalone or a stepping stone to our BSc (Hons) OSHE top-up, then to our MSc SHE/OH or our MBA via the Public Health stream.
Courses included in Level 4:
- Introduction to Science for Public Health
- Social Science
- Principles of Public Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology and Statistics
- Determinants of Health
Schedule & Fees
The next intake for this offering will be in January 2024.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief.
Fees for this programme are as follows:
SBCS Administration Fee
Payable upon registration
Payable upon registration
Payment plan available
ABMA Exam Fee
Why study at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware/software you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
ABMA Level 5 Diploma in Public Health Management
- Champs Fleurs
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- Relevant work experience: Evidence of professional work experience can be submitted for a minimum of one year within a job sector that is related to the Public Health field. Examples of evidence that will be accepted include:
– Employer references detailing the learner’s duties and responsibilities
– Certificates of training/courses
The next intake for this offering is set for September 2023. For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities and/or Job Letter (where applicable) will be also required.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 – WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main aims of the ABMA qualifications in Public Health Management (PHM) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in Public Health by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the Public Health sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and specially trained individuals with the capacity to encourage more healthy practices and protect against the constant threats to public health.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.