Microgreens Masterclass - A Practical Approach to Starting a Microgreens Business is designed for persons who have an interest in starting a business in microgreens production. Microgreens is an increasingly popular product that promotes a healthier nutrition-packed plant that caters to a healthy active lifestyle.
What are Microgreens:
Microgreens are young seedlings of edible vegetables and herbs. Unlike larger herbs and vegetables that take weeks or months to grow, microgreens can be harvested and eaten a week to 10 days after the cotyledon — a part of the embryo within the seed — leaves have developed.
These tiny plants are big on flavour and loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. Plus, they're super easy and quick to grow yourself.
Even if you lack space for a garden, growing microgreens indoors near a sunny window (or under a grow light) is a snap. Within a few weeks, you can go from seeds to a crop of tiny, tasty edibles ready to snip, eat or sell.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the horticultural science of plant care, pest and disease management
- Understand fertilizer application
- Post-harvest handling technology
- Establishing their own microgreens farm
The duration of this course is 12 contact hours.
Please click here to view the full course outline.
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
Please note there are no schedules available at this time.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: US$23 / TT$150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$800.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here