SBCS recently facilitated a two-day workshop, at no charge, for BSc. (Honours) Business Administration graduates of the University of London, Royal Holloway, at our San Fernando Campus on Saturday, December 3, 2011 and Saturday, December 10, 2011. The workshop, “Maximising Your Career” was conceived by the Executive Director, Dr Robin R. Maraj, to further aid in evolving SBCS graduates into ethical, imaginative, creative and innovative lifelong learners, who are focused on excellence and passionate about their work.
Some of the areas covered and activities held over the duration of the workshop included:
• Personal Development Plans
• Ethical behaviour
• Emotional Intelligence in the workplace,
• Assessment of task behaviours at work such as Project Management and IT skills etc.
• The steps from the Job search stage to the interview stage, including Psychometric Testing
• Mock interviews: Participants attended mock interviews with Senior Managers of SBCS who provided valuable feedback to the participants on ways of improving their interview skills.
• Presentations: Participants were required to prepare and present on a chosen topic
The main facilitator of the workshop was Ms Carla Williams, with Ms Shelly Ann Daniel facilitating the interactive session on Psychometric testing.
These free workshops will continue in 2012 and will be offered at our Champs Fleurs and San Fernando Campuses. They will be open to all our degree and professional graduates.
SBCS Graduates who are seeking jobs and wish to attend are asked to contact our Student Services unit at email@example.com.