- This course is offered in 70 hours
On successful completion of this paper, candidates
should be able to:
- Explain and evaluate the role and responsibility of the senior financial executive or advisor in meeting conflicting needs of stakeholders and recognise the role of international financial
institutions in the financial management of multinationals.
- Evaluate potential investment decisions and assessing their financial and strategic consequences, both domestically and
- Assess and plan acquisitions and mergers as an alternative growth strategy.
- Evaluate and advise on alternative corporate re-organisation strategies.
- Apply and evaluate alternative advanced treasury and risk management techniques.
- Role of senior financial adviser in the multinational organisation.
- Advanced investment appraisal.
- Acquisition and mergers.
- Corporate reconstruction and re-organisation.
- Treasury and advanced risk management techniques.
The syllabus is assessed by:
- A three-hour 15 minutes examination.
- Section A will contain a compulsory question, comprising of 50 marks.
- In section B candidates will be asked to answer two from three questions, comprising of 25 marks each.
- Total 100 marks.
- To apply relevant knowledge, skills and exercise professional judgement as expected of a senior financial executive or advisor, in taking or recommending decisions relating to the financial management of an organisation in private and public sectors.This syllabus develops upon the core financial management knowledge and skills covered in the Financial Management syllabus and prepares candidates to advise management and/or clients on complex strategic financial management issues facing and organisation.The syllabus starts by exploring the role and responsibility of a senior executive or advisor in meeting competing needs of stakeholders within the business environment of multinationals. The syllabus then re-examines investment and financing decisions, with the emphasis moving towards the strategic consequences of making such decisions in a domestic, as well as international,context. Candidates are then expected to develop further advisory skills in planning strategic acquisitions and mergers and corporate re-organisations.The next part of the syllabus re- examines, in the broadest sense, the existence of risks in business and the sophisticated strategies which are employed in order to manage such risks. It builds on what candidates would have covered in the Financial Management syllabus.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) offers a professional qualification, which has been recognised and respected across the world for over 100 years. ACCA is currently the largest British accountancy body with over 180,000 members and 480,000 students in 181 countries.
SBCS Global Learning institute is an ACCA Gold Approved Learning Partner and Approved Licensed Computer-Based Exam Centre. We have been teaching the ACCA programme for 34 years and over this period have produced many ACCA Graduates and Prize winners. We are fully equipped to deliver classes online, blended and face to face, so rest assured, that no matter the situation your studies will not be interrupted.
Our ACCA courses are taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals, who are all superb teachers, and presently includes a partner at one of the big five audit firms and a CEO of a major international bank. Our teaching team and students are supported by our warm and competent ATEC administrators, whose primary focus is ensuring that our students receive a great teaching and learning experience.
SBCS Global Learning Institute Ltd. offers a world-class ACCA teaching and learning experience that is geared towards you successfully completing your ACCA exams and achieving the prestigious ACCA designation.
July 2022 - December 2022 Online Semester Class Offerings for ACCA
The ACCA Study School sessions will commence on Monday, October 17, 2022, geared towards the December 2022 exam sitting.
- ACCA & FIA Study School Schedule
These sessions are open to external students and can be registered for at least two (2) days before the start date.
CBE schedule for FIA papers, ACCA Applied Knowledge papers and the LW - Corporate & Business Law paper.
For further information, contact our team at ATEC@sbcs.edu.tt.
Collect more Certifications along your journey towards ACCA Membership!
Gain a Diploma in Accounting and Business when you pass the first three exams of the ACCA Qualification Applied Knowledge modules (BT, MA and FA), and the Foundations in Professionalism (FIP) ethics module.
An Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business can also be achieved by successfully completing all exams in the ACCA Applied Knowledge and ACCA Applied Skills exams (BT – FM) of the ACCA programme and the Ethics and Professional Skills module.
Completion of the Advanced Diploma and successful completion of the Strategic Professional exams (SBL - Strategic Business Leader, SBR - Strategic Business Reporting and two option modules) will allow you to become an ACCA affiliate.
As part of your journey to becoming a qualified ACCA member, you will be required to complete the Ethics and Professional Skills Module which supplements your technical knowledge of the programme by helping to develop ethical and professional behaviours. You must also demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a real work environment. This is what the PER (Practical Experience Requirement) is all about.
Get a BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting at the same time as becoming a qualified accountant through ACCA’s partnership with Oxford Brookes University (OBU). This is the perfect way to gain an extra qualification without doubling your workload. Having this degree with an ACCA qualification is a powerful combination of qualifications, which puts you in demand with employers, and increases your career prospects.
To achieve this, you need to:
- Pass your ACCA Qualification exams
- Pass the Ethics and Professional Skills Module
- Submit a research and analysis project.
Expand your potential; go beyond ACCA!ACCA members can seamlessly progress to one of our Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA or MSc programmes, which we have been offering for near 30 years.Progression to MBA/MSc: Subject to additional requirements, Heriot-Watt may award a maximum of 4 credit transfers including FDM, AFDM, Mergers & Acquisitions [MQ] and/or Corporate Governance [CG], where the ACCA qualification has been fully completed and required professional papers passed. Please click here for further information.
Don't just take our word for it; read what our graduates have to say about pursuing ACCA at SBCS!