The course will empower participants with skills to address important aspects of business operations including demand and capacity management, inventory control, addressing productivity through job design and motivation, and quality management. Students are taught how to establish maintenance programs that can predict failures as well as how to configure processes, layouts and technology to achieve an efficient and effective operation.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the role and activities of operations management
- Understand how Operations Strategy is linked to Business strategy and how to set operations Performance Objectives
- Determine whether to make or buy, and how to use competencies for determining outsourcing strategy
- Design the appropriate process and layout and select appropriate technology for operations
- Manage the operations planning and control process
- Practice effective capacity and demand management
- Use basic methods for Forecasting and Inventory Control
- Understand MRP, MRP II, ERP, JIT, lean manufacturing and their use and implications in Operations Management
- Understand the causes of asset failure and set up preventive maintenance programs
- Apply quality management principles and tools to ensure that goods and services provided meet and exceed specification.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Schedule & Fees
|STUDY MODE||START||END||DAY||TIME||ADMINISTRATIVE COST||TUITION COST|
|Online||15-Jan-24||11-Mar-24||Mondays||5:30 pm – 8:30 pm||TT$150.00 / US$23.00||TT$2,450.00 / US$375.00|
No Class Scheduled Carnival Monday: 12-Feb-24
Early Bird Registration Period: November 27th - December 29th, 2023
Early Bird Offer 10% Savings on Tuition
Information subject to change without prior notice.
See our 2023 training schedule below:
Registration details are provided below.
- 24 Contact Hours
- Administration Fee: TT$150.00 / US$23.00
- Early Bird Registration Period: November 27th – December 29th, 2023
- Registration Deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: If you wish to access our payment plan option, kindly forward an email to CTC-CF@sbcs.edu.tt.
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Step 2: Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options:
Option 1: PayPal – Please click the “Add to Cart” button below:
Option 2: WiPay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to CTC-CF@sbcs.edu.tt indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access our payment plan option. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Option 3: Payment of TT$2,600.00 (TT$2,355.00 for Early Bird) can be made via direct deposit / online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 3: Complete the Online Payment Update / Notification form – Please ensure a copy of the deposit slip / transaction slip / e-receipt is included when submitting your information.
Step 4: Applicable to Payment Plan Students: Sign and return your Enrolment Ticket.
Do note that the completed Enrolment Ticket is SBCS’ legally required document confirming that fees are outstanding. All further communication and instructions will follow once this step is completed.
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3 – 5 working days of the course start date.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTC-CF@sbcs.edu.tt.
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.